Sunday, April 29, 2007

Moving Crew and Late Night Panic

This morning I got up bright and early (9:30 am) to help my friends dad move into his new place at 10:30 am. This proved quite exciting, with my friend and I riding on top of a mattress and a cabinet, unseatbelted in the back, pressed against the van roof. Good times.

After the gruntwork and life flashing before our eyes, my friend and I returned to my house, so I could help him with his math, have lunch, and get in a bit of computer time before I had to go to work.

That finished, I ate a hastily prepared supper, spilling milk on myself, the table, and the carpet in the process, and I then got a much needed and appreciated ride to work.

There wasn't a lot that went on at the London Drugs where I work (Quadra & Mckenzie), except for the last 15 minutes of my shift. We have a conveyor belt to haul up our products from the basement. One of the boxes that was left on the belt was an opened box of PERT shampoo. Somehow, I think probably by my doing, the box was knocked over, with the containers scattering everywhere, and one falling straight down to the concrete floor. I performed clean-up duty in the precious few minutes I had left in my shift. As a result, my hands smell great as I'm typing to you now.

Then I got a ride home too, getting home just after 10:00 pm. What luck, eh?

_________________
World Peace

No comments: