Monday, April 30, 2007

Brunch at Best Western

I hate mornings. With a passion.

Actually, it's just the getting up part that I hate. Once I'm up and at 'em, I love mornings. You can get so much done before 12:00 pm if you get up at 5:00 am!

Why would I do such a crazy thing? Because I, Jordan Ray, went over to Vancouver today to have a very fancy, and slightly overpriced brunch buffet at the Best Western hotel in Richmond. The brunch (dang it, I keep wanting to say breakfast instead of brunch) being at 11:00 am in a Vancouver location, required my family and I to leave our house at 6:00 am to catch the 7:00 ferry so we could get an 9:15bus for a 9:45 transfer to let us arrive at the hotel 1 hour early at precisely 10:02 am, PDT. Phew! This of course, left us ample time to chat before, during, and after brunch, which was absolutely scrumdidilyumpcious. (that word is copyrighted, you have to pay me or one of my family members every time you say it.)

Those present at the bunch were: (in no particular order) Myself, my mom, dad, Grandpa, Grandma, Aunt Angela, Aunt Sue, and Uncle Sean. We all had a splendid time chatting it up in the lovely Vancouver sun (pardon the pun please), and I actually managed to finish my homework, which was quite arduous of a task. (Grammar?)

Then we headed home on the 4:00 pm ferry from Tsawwassen back to Swartz Bay, and immediately after we got home, we turned on the Vancouver-Anaheim hockey game.

Normally, I would have tried to go to someones house and watch it, but my parents took so long at the grocery store, having, "Quite a discussion about which meat we should barbecue" as they called it, prevented me from doing so. Oh well. Worse things have happened. Like me breaking my ankle. That was pretty bad too.

Anyways, I've forgiven them (but never forgotten, mwahahaha!), and after helping my friend with his math after my supper, here I sit, pressing these funny little black keys and giving squeaks of joy as words pop up on the screen.

I eagerly await Tuesday, upon the eve of which my beloved sister Miranda shall return. (That's not from the Tempest, my sister's name really is Miranda.)

_________________
World Peace

No comments: